Choose Your Cart
Electric cart motors convert electrical energy into mechanical energy and there are many different types that vary in speed and torque. Each golf cart motor is designed specifically to perform a unique job and is built specific for that function. And size does matter!
Cartpros.com has the largest selection of cart motors at the best prices. We take pride in our world class customer service and we will help you find exactly what you’re looking for and answer all your questions about fixing or upgrading your cart’s motor!
Remember, we offer FREE SHIPPING on any order over $300 and a no-hassle return policy if for any reason your order doesn’t exceed expectations!
Golf Cart MotorElectric golf cart motors convert electrical energy into mechanical energy. There are many different types of electric golf cart motors that are available which vary in speed, torque, and other general uses for consumers. Each golf cart motor is designed specifically to perform a unique job that it is the best at. So knowing the different types of motors available and what they are best at can really help you get the most value for your money.
What Are Golf Cart Motors?The size of the motor will determine many different factors which include the ‘amp draw’ that will affect the batter life of the electric golf cart motor. Also, if the size of the motor is larger, than this will increase the torque and speed that the motor is capable of. A larger motor is needed as it needs to be able to handle the electric current and heat which is generated when the motor is activated and is being used.
Golf Cart Electric Motors VS Golf Cart Gas EnginesWhen looking to buy golf cart motors, you will need to decide between electric motors and gas motors. Both of these types of motors have their own advantages and disadvantages. Electric motors are usually cheaper; however, the price will vary for both types of motors depending on many different factors. Some of these factors are the make, models, and features available. Below you can see more information about the advantages and disadvantages of the different motors for the golf carts.
Golf Cart Electric Motors:
- They hardly make any noise when they are running
- Low maintenance costs and no fuel is required. So you save more money
- They do not release any emissions which can pollute and damage the environment
- The batteries can last a long time when they have been fully charged
- Fewer components in the golf cart to replace or repair. Which will help you save money over a long time.
- If proper care isn’t taken of the batteries, then replacements can cost a lot of money
- Batteries need to be replaced more frequently if they are not looked after
- The more accessories that a golf cart has, such as a radio, fan, and lights, will result in the battery being drained quicker
- The range isn’t as high as gas golf cart motors
Golf Cart Gas Engines:
- These golf carts have a much larger range and can travel further distance in one go
- Generally have more horsepower which can translate into a higher top speed and acceleration. However, this does depend on other factors such as the make and model.
- Not as comfortable as electric motored golf carts. They are very noisy.
- They cause more pollution and damage the environment
- The maintenance and operational cost is overall higher than the electric motor alternative.